Thursday, June 13, 2013

"I Guess God Paid For Your Room" - Klamath Falls


Well, folks, I am gradually catching up on our stories from the road. Today I want to tell you about a quick stop on our journey, Klamath Falls.  We arrived in Klamath Falls late one day.  Kathy wasn’t feeling well so after check in, she took medicine and went to bed.  I went out on my own to see what I could find.  I went to the Klamath Falls Rescue Mission where I spoke with some of the homeless people, both in the mission and out on the street.


I don’t remember how many days we were there, but on the last day, I went in to pay for the previous night we had stayed and met a lady by the name of Brenda.  She was really busy but I had talked to her about paying my bill.  



She looked in the computer and couldn’t find where we had been in the room that previous night.  She did find the first night but not the second.  She kept trying to find it but couldn’t.  She asked me how my stay was and asked if I was there on vacation.  I told her what I was doing while she was working with the computer trying to find us.

She said “Oh my!  I’ve been praying for somebody I could talk to about my situation.  It’s got to be you!”  So we went through what her prayer needs were, and she asked for prayer for herself and her daughter.  I have to tell you, we had a big Texas-size God party right there in that office.

After we prayed, she still couldn’t find our name.  She looked at me and said, “I guess God just paid for your room.”  She said she’d never seen the computer do that, and I just smiled and said “Thank you Jesus.”  Brenda’s even called me since I left there, just for prayer.

I knew this was another blessing from my Father. We left that morning and went to Eugene, Oregon.

- Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment